It’s very normal for people to feel apprehensive about assessment days. It may be reassuring to know that most people around you are just as nervous as you are.
A good way to deal with anxiety and get the best out of the day is to prepare thoroughly.
Read your invitation email carefully – it will include essential information including:
- the date, time and location of the event
- where the CUH campus is and how you plan to travel to work
- where to park if you are driving to the event
- how to confirm that you are coming eg by email or phone
Make sure you are prepared and punctual
- plan in advance what you need to take with you and what you will wear
- think about the kind of impression you want to make and select clothes which are neat and professional
- put everything out the night before, ready to go
- allow a little extra time to get to the hospital, in case of delays to public transport or heavy traffic