If home isn’t safe, support is available. If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse you can get help from the following sources of support.
- Cambridge Women’s Aid (City/South/East): 01223 361214 www.cambridgewa.org.uk
- Peterborough Women’s Aid: 08454 103123 http://www.peterboroughwomensaid.co.uk/
- Refuge (Fenland/Hunts/Peterborough): 07787 255821 www.refuge.org.uk
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247 https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/
- Men’s Advice Line: 0808 8010 327 https://mensadviceline.org.uk/
- Galop (LGBT Support) 0800 999 5428 https://www.galop.org.uk/
In an emergency, call 999. If you’re in an emergency situation and need police help, but can’t speak, Make Yourself Heard and let the 999 operator know your call is genuine – read more information about #MakeYourselfHeard and #SilentSolution here.
For more information visit: www.cambsdasv.org.uk or see the Domestic abuse and sexual violence support poster.
Please also refer to the relevant Trust policies/guidance documents that are available on the Merlin Document library:
For supporting staff:
- Domestic Abuse - Support for staff
For supporting patients:
- The recognition and management of domestic violence and abuse for patients at CUH
- Domestic violence - ED guidelines
- Domestic violence (DV): Identification by use of routine sensitive questioning - Maternity guidelines